New Year Resolutions: Dental Edition!
One hardly ever hears resolutions for improving oral hygiene… So here are 4 realistic and obtainable New Year’s Resolutions that you can easily implement to increase your health and happiness this year.
Did you know that even after brushing, there sometimes is extra gunk that sticks around in your mouth? Using mouthwash is a perfect way to give your mouth a rinse, loosen up and repel that gunk, and freshen up!
2) Pick Up An Electric Toothbrush
The key to effective oral hygiene is the effective use of the right toothbrush. Teeth are almost always cleaner with the use of an electric toothbrush! An electric toothbrush is not only more fun to use, it’s easier and can minimize or eliminate staining of teeth. We recommend the Oral B toothbrush. Come by the office to see it in person. We even have a rebate offer you can take advantage of!
3) Brush Your Tongue
You’re already in your mouth brushing your teeth anyway… why not brush your tongue too? Brushing your tongue can save you from awkward bad breath encounters and get rid of the bacteria that builds up on it. Step it up a bit and use a tongue scraper. You’d be amazed at what comes off your tongue!
4) Avoid Certain Food & Drinks
Okay, so this one might be a little harder than the others— we all have our favorite foods and staying away from them can be hard! Avoiding these foods though can be the difference between a minor and a major dental visit.
- Ice is for chilling, not for chewing – your teeth are vulnerable. Chewing ice can chip your teeth!
- Too much coffee can stain your teeth, dry your mouth, and that sugar can eat away at your teeth.
- Limit your sugary drinks — soda, alcohol, and sports drinks all contain incredible amounts of sugar. If you want to drink them, be sure to brush your teeth afterward!
Let’s see how long these new year resolutions stick this year… hopefully its a permanent change for the better 🙂
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Comments are closed.